Editor’s note: The following is a list of the board, commission and council meetings that are scheduled in the coming week around Humboldt County.
Fortuna City Council
When: First and third Monday of every month at 6 p.m.
Where: The meeting will be available via public access channel 10 and the Access Humboldt YouTube channel at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjL1lquDXU_yO378Sbu9ljg.
• The council will receive it’s monthly police report from Chief Casey J. Day.
• The council will consider establishing a resolution to establish solid waste management fees and enter into an agreement with the Humboldt Waste Management Authority to provide household hazardous waste services for the city.
The agenda can be accessed online at https://www.friendlyfortuna.com/agendas_and_minutes/agenda_packets_and_minutes/city_council/index.php.
Fortuna Planning Commission
When: Second and fourth Tuesday of the month at 6 p.m.
Where: The meeting will be available through Access Humboldt streaming.
• The commission will review building elevations for a proposed 7,700-square-foot pre-engineered metal structure for the Fortuna Senior Center. The review will consider building colors and landscaping plans.
The agenda can be accessed online at https://www.friendlyfortuna.com/agendas_and_minutes/agenda_packets_and_minutes/planning_commission/index.php.
Humboldt County Board of Supervisors
When: Every Tuesday except for the fifth Tuesday of a month at 9 a.m.
• Under its consent calendar, the board will be signing a memorandum between the county and the Redwood Coast Energy Authority for the provisions of ADA compliance modifications and electric vehicle charging stations at the California Redwood Coast-Humboldt County Airport.
• Under its consent calendar, the board will approve a work order to administer a COVID-19 surveillance grant. The California Department of Public Health allocated $125,000 in 2020 to the county’s Department of Health and Human Services to participate in a surveillance testing program to identify COVID-19 cases.
• Under its consent calendar, the board will adopt amendments to the county’s firearm discharge ordinance. The changes prohibit discharging within 150 yards from any occupied structure and/or heavily used recreational areas, and expand the range of prohibited shooting zones to include the Samoa Peninsula.
• The board will receive an update on local conditions surrounding COVID-19 from the county’s Department of Health and Human Services.
• The board will consider adopting an emergency ordinance establishing a temporary moratorium on industrial hemp cultivation in the coastal zone.
• The board will be approving the Arcata Land Company, LLC’s conditional use permit for its commercial cannabis cultivation site. The item also includes adopting studies and mitigating negative declarations relevant to the project.
The agenda can be accessed online at https://humboldt.legistar.com/Calendar.aspx.
Trinidad City Council Special Meeting
When: Monday June 21 at 6 p.m.
Where: The meeting will be available through a Zoom link provided by the city at the council’s calendar page, at http://trinidad.ca.gov/calendar.
• Under its consent calendar, the council will adopt a list of pavement rehabilitation projects to fund through SB 1 funds.
• The council will discuss its city budget for fiscal year 2021-2022.
The agenda can be accessed online at https://trinidad.ca.gov/document-library/agendas-2021.